Grab a new Pony Car in Eruption Green Metallic, Dark Matter Gray Metallic and a host of other artsy colors!
The 2022 Ford Mustang has gone color crazy! Ford adds wild new colors to its lineup, including Grabber Blue, Brittany Blue, Cyber Orange, Dark Matter Gray, Eruption Green, Atlas Blue Metallic, and Mischievous Purple Metallic. And while these colors are cool and unexpected, our favorite here at MiamiCars.com is hands down, the Mischievous Purple Metallic.
Assigned order code P2, the new Mischievous Purple hue is one of 14 available exterior color options on the 2022 Ford Mustang, which include:
- Rapid Red Metallic
- Shadow Black
- Iconic Silver Metallic
- Fighter Jet Gray
- Race Red
- Oxford White
- Cyber Orange Metallic (new for 2022)
- Mischievous Purple Metallic (new for 2022)
- Dark Matter Gray Metallic (new for 2022)
- Eruption Green Metallic (new for 2022)
- Brittany Blue Metallic (new for 2022)
- Grabber Blue Metallic (new for 2022)
- Atlas Blue Metallic (new for 2022)
- The new purple color is a no-cost option. Its availability is limited since the new hue can’t be paired with certain trims or packages such as the Ice White Appearance Package, Coastal Limited Edition Package, or Mustang Mach 1. In addition, the new color is available in conjunction with all interior color combinations.
Ford Mustang Trim Levels:
- EcoBoost Premium
- GT Premium
- Mach 1
Ford Mustang Interior Color Combinations:
- Dark Ceramic
- Ebony with Metal Gray
- Showstopper Red
- Midnight Blue with Grabber Blue Stitching
- Ebony with Red Stitching
- Ebony with Dove
- Ebony with Orange
As Ford Authority reported, 2022 Ford Mustang production began at the Ford Flat Rock Assembly Plant in January 2022. However, production of the pony car was temporarily paused numerous times including in late January – just a few weeks after beginning – and then again roughly one month later for a total of three weeks.
The Blue Oval has updated the 2022 Mustang with the introduction of the new Ice White Appearance Package, Stealth Edition Appearance Package, and Coastal Limited Package. The 2022 Mustang also received a slightly revised California Special package, while Mustang GT and Mach 1 modes saw a 10 horsepower and 10 pound-feet of torque reduction to their respective outputs.