Here are the facts that we know:
- An innocent mother and wife, Amy Whitelock, was killed when her vehicle was struck by what has been reported as a Lexus SUV fleeing from Miami-Dade Police.
- Amy Whitelock was driving a Chevy Trailblazer and was the sole occupant
- The driver of the fleeing Lexus was killed…3 passengers survived
- The accident happened at US-1 and SW 152nd Street
- The accident occurred on Thursday, November 4, 2021
The Whitelock family setup a GoFundMe page where they posted the following:
“Our beloved Amy recently passed on November 4th, 2021. She was a victim horrific car accident on 152 ST and US1 in Miami Florida. Amy was a wonderful woman who touched the lives of those around her. She leaves behind her 2 daughters, loving husband, sister, mother and many other friends who loved her dearly. Amy dedicated her life to caring for her family and friends. We are all devastated by Amy’s loss. This go fund me would help her family recover from the accident making it possible for her husband Jason Whitelock and Daughter Layla Harris to take a leave of absence from work. This will also help them during the upcoming months. Please consider donating, any amount will truly help the family during this difficult time.”
The Police Chase
We know that the police attempted to pull over the Lexus about 20 blocks south on US-1. The Police claim they lost sight of the Lexus in traffic as they pursued on US-1. Unanswered questions include:
- Why did the people in the Lexus flee?
- Did the Police follow at excessive speeds?
Ultimately, the alleged culprit, the driver of the Lexus paid the ultimate price. Unfortunately, it cost the life of an innocent woman and has left 2 daughters without a mother and a husband without his wife. Our thoughts and prayers go out to this grieving family.