Homestead-Miami Speedway joins NASCAR, The NASCAR Foundation, Speedway Motorsports and Speedway Children’s Charities for the first-ever NASCAR Day Giveathon, an online giving campaign to raise $750,000 in charitable funds for local charities in all 50 states, including Florida.
Each participating nonprofit organizations has its own online Giveathon page to solicit donations at www.nascardaygiveathon.org. Donors visiting the site can designate funds throughout the 75-hour window.
“We’re elated to kick-off the NASCAR Day Giveathon and raise funds for nonprofit organizations across our racing communities. We want to encourage everyone to donate during the next 75 hours and help make a difference,” said Nichole Krieger, Vice President and Executive Director of The NASCAR Foundation. “There’s no better way to celebrate NASCAR’s 75th anniversary than coming together along with our sponsors to make the NASCAR Day Giveathon event an impactful initiative.”
Participating charities in Southern Florida include:
- Truly All Cats Trapping and Rescue – Lake Worth, FL
- Pawsitive Beginnings – Key Largo, FL
- YMCA Of South Florida Inc. – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- FARM SHARE, INC. – Homestead, FL
- HOMESTEAD SOUP KITCHEN, INC. – Homestead, FL
- Le Jardin Community Center Inc. – Homestead, FL
- Redland Christian Academy Inc. – Homestead, FL
- BUONICONTI FUND TO CURE PARALYSIS – Miami, FL
- CHAPMAN PARTNERSHIP – Miami, FL
- Overtown Optimist Club – Miami, FL
- Prophetic Light Ministries – Miami, FL
- Do Good 41 Inc. – Plantation, FL
- Meals On Wheels of Charlotte County Inc. – Port Charlotte, FL
- Riviera Beach Community Outreach Inc. – Riviera Beach, FL
- Young Men of Distinction Inc. – Riviera Beach, FL
- Humane Society of Vero Beach – Vero Beach, FL
- Meals On Wheels of The Palm Beaches Inc. – West Palm Beach, FL
The Giveathon, which runs from Tuesday, May 16 at 5:00 p.m. ET until 8:00 p.m. ET on Friday, May 19, features bonus grants and matching gift donations for nonprofit organizations as well as T-shirts and memorabilia items as incentives for donors.
Every hour during the 75-hour window, NASCAR and Speedway Motorsports will randomly award one (1) $750 bonus grant to charities who receive at least one $25 donation during that hour.
Additionally, matching gift donations will be available throughout the day of May 19 thanks to the generosity of Giveathon sponsors, including NASCAR, Speedway Motorsports, Coca-Cola, Jeep Beach, and First Nation Group. Sponsors will continue to match donations in their designated hour until they reach their specified dollar amount. The following breakdown explains the matching gift donations per hour available on Thursday, May 19 from 9 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET.
Donor incentives include the opportunity to be listed on the bed of three GMS Racing Chevrolet Silverado RSTs competing in the NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series at North Wilkesboro on Saturday, May 20; a commemorative Helmet for the first 100 donors who contribute $750 or more; a commemorative coin for the first 300 donors of $50 or more; and a commemorative t-shirt for the first 3,000 donors of $75 or more.
NASCAR fans can also follow along throughout the 75-hour window by tuning into the SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel and following The NASCAR Foundation’s social channels, which will feature charity spotlights through the campaign
For more information and to make a donation, go to www.nascardaygiveathon.org