“A New Era of Luxury Driving.”
Your first kiss. Your first car. Milestones in a life that reside forever in your memory. Well, your first moment in a new Mercedes EQS may -will — be yet another unforgettable event. With the Mercedes-Ea Series, the electric future is here. Th rough world-class automotive engineering and advanced, imaginative technology, the next wave of all-electric Mercedes-EQ vehicles will become the new standard, boldly forging a new era of luxury driving. Quite simply, 2022 EQS Sedan is magic. Move over, Tesla, the all-electric super-luxury king has arrived. It is sleek, sophisticated and very seductive — the most aerodynamic production car in the world.
The S-Class has always been the world’s go-to luxury automobile. It’s the airliner of the highway…
Now, the completely new EQS from Mercedes-EQ is the first fully electric, fully luxury vehicle. The roots of the EQS is in the opulent S Series, but the electric architecture is all its own. This sedan marks the spectacular integration of all-electric power and executive-class Luxury. For around $95,000, every sense is lavished; we love the EQS’s sou n dsca pe, designed to create a soothing silence for driver and passengers in the cockpit. It’s sub lime. And — Mercedes-Benz is working on offering a carbon-neutral new car fleet with in 20 years from now.
Luxury, sure, but is it powerful? You bet. The EQS has an electric motor on each axle, which translates to all-wheel drive and a total system output of 516 horsepower and 611 pound-feet of torque. The motors are so quiet, so efficient, that it’s like floating on a cloud.
A next generation Lithium-Ion battery.
A huge leap in technology. The EQS is powered by a next generation lithium-ion battery — Mercedes-Benz’s longest-range model, with an estimated range of 435 miles, thanks to its 107.8-kWh capacity. Mercedes’ electric architecture has changed the game with its masterfully designed, high-energy density battery that sets a bench mark in performance and efficiency. Their commitment to electric vehicles is evident — Mercedes me Charge is currently the largest charging network worldwide (and growing), with more than 500,000 AC and DC charging points in 31 countries: more than 200,000 currently operating in Europe.
A new feature of the EQS is the MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience, more on this in a moment) infotainment system that calculates and displays whether the available battery capacity is sufficient to return to the starting point without charging, It also provides information on charging stations along the route, and the system will even calculate charging costs per charging stop.
Navigation and Entertainment redefined.
A leap in technology. Big time. Advanced technology integrated gracefully inside the captivating interior, with the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) Hyperscreen. The EQS features a groundbreaking 56-inch curved glass instrument panel. It’s an automotive “Jumbotron” seamlessly merging three screens stretching from door to door to door! The 12.3-inch OLED display itself is intoxicating!
The elegant interface eliminates the need to scroll or provide voice commands. All essential functionality and information – charging, entertainment, phone, navigation, connectivity, massage and more – are displayed relative to the driving situation. Using artificial intelligence, the display and operating system can adapt to the user for a menu of personalized suggestions, making it the center of attention, control, and entertainment. As an exceptionally intelligent vehicle, the EQS has up to 350 sensors. It’s all about confidence and comfort.
MBUX Hyperscreen technology is powerful — it includes eight CPU cores, 24 gigabytes of RAM and 46.4 gigabytes per second RAM memory bandwidth! That’s some heavy computing power! (Side note: This will only exacerbate the chip shortage.)
It’s not a car, it’s a spaceship!
Or a superhero vehicle! Or a huge “Hot Wheels” car! The EQS is the first all-electric luxury ‘saloon’ from Mercedes-EQ. And its futuristic design sets a new standard for luxury.
The MB design team utilized a beautifully blue lighting scheme, creating a mesmerizing environment. The cockpit display is a graphical masterstroke, with a digital laser sword in a high-resolution glass lens. Al content relevant to driving can be accessed instantly.
A three-dimensional performance bar displays the driving status (Drive, Accelerate, Charge). It’s got everything. Indeed, Mercedes-EQ is redefining this vehicle segment, combining technology, luxury, design, functionality — and unmatched connectivity. The first models on the market will be the EQS 450+ with 245 kW and the EQS 580 4MATIC with 385 kW.
Oh, and by the way, it’s gorgeous.
Every automotive rule has been broken. All design norms upended. There’s nothing like this car. The one-bow lines and cab-forward design with it’s seductive fastback, is the philosophy of Sensual Purity, combined with ultimate Luxury, is reflected in its powerfully
sculpted surfaces, reduced joints and seamless transitions. As you can see in the photos, this is one beautiful automobile, inside, out and deep within its electric genius.
All in all, the Mercedes EQS is a groundbreaking vehicle. While many auto makers have given brave new technologies to their customers over the decades, this car will prove to be a talisman for future innovation.
Technology and performance
- 107.8 kWh battery capacity
- 11.25 hours (10 – 100%) charging time, AC Charging (240V)
- 31 minutes (10 – 100%) charging time, DC fast charging (200kW)
- 329 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque (EQS 450+) and 516 hp and 611 lb-ft of torque (EQS 580 4MATIC)
- 0-60 mph 5.5 secondsDisclaimer (EQS 480+) and 4.1 seconds (EQS 580 4MATIC)Disclaimer
- Estimated top speed of 130 mphDisclaimer
- Rear-axle steering up to 4.5-degrees, optional 10-degrees
- AIRMATIC Air Suspension with Adaptive Damping System
- DYNAMIC SELECT including Comfort, Sport, Eco and Individual driving modes
- Adjustable Regenerative Braking with Steering Wheel Paddles
- Active Ambient Lighting with Illuminated Door Sill Panels
- KEYLESS-GO® with Seamless Door Handles & Hands-Free Access
- Active Parking Assist with Surround View CameraDisclaimer
- DIGITAL LIGHT Intelligent Lighting System with front & rear LED lightbands
- Active Highbeam Assist
- Driver Assistance Package with Active Distance Assist DISTRONICDisclaimer, Active Lane Keeping and Blind Spot Assist, and PRE-SAFE® PLUS including PRE-SAFE® Impulse SideDisclaimer
- Wireless Smartphone Integration & Wireless front Smartphone ChargerDisclaimer
- Six 100W USB-C Ports
- New-generation MBUX Multimedia System with Augmented Reality Navigation systemDisclaimer, including Natural Language Understanding and Keyword Activation (“Hey Mercedes”)
- EQS 580: Optional MBUX Hyperscreen with three displays under a single 56-inch curved glass surface:
- 12.3” Instrument Cluster, 17.7” Central OLED Touchscreen Display and 12.3” Passenger Display
- 8 CPU cores, 24 GB RAM and 46.4 GB per second RAM memory
- The largest display ever in a production Mercedes-Benz
- Haptic feedback with a total of 12 actuators under the touchscreen surface
- Supports 27 languages with Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- Personal home screen with “Zero Layer” principle
- MBUX can be controlled by natural voice recognition
- Fluid, proactive user interface
- AI data processing for intuitive driver suggestions
- MBUX with up to seven profiles can be activated by biometric authentication, voice control and facial recognition
- EQS 450+: 12.8” Central OLED Touchscreen Portrait Display
- Fingerprint Sensor for biometric authentication of the driver to activate profile
- Active Ambient Lighting with 64 Colors, including a new EQ-Specific Color Scheme
- Front/Rear Automatic Doors with smart power open/close
- DIGITAL LIGHT with Lightband
- Active Ambient Lighting
- Heated Leather Seats with Multi-Contour Ambient Light Illumination
- Comfort Front Headrest and Rear Headrest Pillows
- Burmester® 3D Sound System with Sound PersonalizationDisclaimer
- HEPA Air Filtration for cabin air filtration
- Multicontour front seats with massage
- 4-Zone Climate Control
- Soft close doors
- Comfort center armrest with wireless charging
- Mercedes me charge capability
- Panorama Sunroof
- 20” Wheels
$95,000 – $130,000
MIAMI’S MERCEDES-BENZ DEALERSHIPS
- Mercedes Benz of Coral Gables
- Mercedes Benz of Cutler Bay
- Mercedes Benz of Fort Lauderdale
- Mercedes Benz of Miami
- Mercedes Benz of Pembroke Pines
MORE PHOTOS OF THE MERCEDES EQS
Even the seatbelt has built in lighting…
The only futuristic sci-fi movie that may even be close to this is TRON…maybe.
In our anecdotal conversations with Tesla owners. Tesla nailed the technology, but still left a lot of room in the fit and finish and luxury department. Mercedes takes the technology to the next level with the luxury refinement that has been at the core of the company since the beginning.Due to long waits on vehicles today…We strongly recommend interested parties reserve their EQS today.
VIDEOS OF THE MERCEDES-BENZ EQS